Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a three year long professional post-graduate programme for candidates wanting to delve deeper into the world of computer application development with the help of learning modern programming language. The programme is a blend of both theoretical and practical knowledge. An MCA degree endows students’ an opportunity to work with tools meant to develop better and faster applications.
Designed to meet the shortage of qualified professionals in the IT (Information Technology) industry.
MCA course will give students an understanding about how to develop better computer applications and software. There are a lot of career opportunities associated with MCA, and students may have great employment options in top IT firms, MNCs and top consultancy firms. Candidates with high computer skills are in high demand in the IT sector.
MCA graduates will also have many opportunities associated with the government sector. Candidates can crack interviews and get the desired profiles as per their skills and caliber. Candidates can get jobs in areas such as banking, networking, IT companies, desktop publishing, and more.
What are the different posts for MCA?
- Software Developer
- System Engineer
- System Analyst
- System Administrator
- Software Application Architect
- Web Designer and Developer
- Software Consultant
- Technical Writer
Advantages of doing MCA
- MCA qualified students can find jobs easily in government and private sector. Numerous job are available in both the sectors. Candidates can get profiles as per their skills and caliber.
- MCA degree holders can be sure of a bright career ahead of them with a stable and satisfactory pay scale.
- IT sector will always give more priority to professionals who hold a masters degree in computer application over short-term certifications. A person who hold MCA degree can execute various tasks such as software development, database management, designing applications on both web and mobile, etc.